- 2 cups fresh basil or Thai basil leaves
- 1/4 cup coriander
- 4 tablespoons dry-roasted almonds
- 1 tablespoon tamari or soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Grainfields BE Wholegrain or Lemon & Ginger liquid
- 1 teaspoon Grainfields Super Greens + Dunaliella
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp raw honey
- 1/2 tsp fresh grated ginger
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- Optional sweet chilli sauce 1 tsp to 2 tsp
- Sea salt/ Ground Pepper to taste
Place your almonds, herbs, garlic, and tamari sauce in a food processor or blender. Blend until all is mixed.
Next add your Grainfields liquid, honey, and the grated ginger. Close the lid, except for the top hole, and place food processor on low. Slowly add in the sesame oil while food processor is going. Stop and scrape sides if needed. Blend until smooth.
Add in Sweet Chilli sauce, salt and pepper to taste then blend again. Keeps in the refrigerator for 5 to 7 days. The pesto is great as a sauce with noodles and pasta, a base sauce on pizza or as a dip with crackers.
Chicken Noodle Stir fry
- 1 Pack 250g of Rice Noodles
- Sea salt (pinch)
- 2 medium skinless chicken breasts
- 3–4 tbsp sesame oil
- 2– 3 tbsp tamari or soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic or garlic powder
- 2 –3 bok choy, sliced in half (length wise)
- Coriander to garnish
Cook the noodles as per package instructions (boil with water and salt for 4-5 minutes) then drain and run under cold water. Place cooked rice noodles in a large bowl. Toss with a few tsp sesame oil. Set aside.
Next, slice chicken into bite sized pieces for stir frying. Place chicken 1/2 tbsp sesame oil, tamari or soy sauce and garlic in a large deep frying pan or wok. Stir fry for a few minutes, turning.
Keep on medium to medium high heat until chicken strips are almost thoroughly cooked and no longer pink.
Next add in your rice noodles and about 1/2 cup of the Thai pesto. Stir all together in pan until combined. Add the sliced bok choy and cook covered on medium heat for another 3-4 minutes or until bok choy is cooked through.
Serve Thai Pesto & Chicken Noodle Stir Fry in bowls and garnish with coriander