These are excellent for packed lunches and picnics. Try variations such as adding sweet corn, mushrooms, finely chopped broccoli or herbs.
- 100g sweet potatoes, peeled & diced
- 100g zucchini, grated
- 250g onions, grated
- 100g diced red capsicum
- 100g shredded spinach
- 1/3 cup of vegetable oil plus extra for greasing
- 250g grated cheddar cheese
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 cups wholemeal self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup of Grainfields Wholegrain Powder or Grains & Greens
- 4 eggs
Steam the sweet potatoes for 10 to 15 minutes until tender. Mash and put aside. Heat the oven to 180°C and lightly grease 16 muffin tins. Place the zucchini, onions, capsicum and spinach in a mixing bowl with the oil; add the cheese and seasonings. Fold in the flour then the mashed sweet potatoes. Whisk the eggs until frothy, then fold in with the mixture and spoon into muffin tins. Bake for 20-25 minutes until risen and browned. Let muffins cool before removing from the tins.